Dell: Daring to Care

Recently I was taken aback by the prompt technical support from the giant computing company, Dell Inc. Barely have I received such readiness in product consumer support, be it a water purifier or a washing machine.

1800 425 2067: as the website displays proudly its toll-free support support number, the company is highly caring when it comes to customer care.

I had a old Latitude E6400 (which was purchased back in 2009) and it was running with 'absolutely' no problems. One day, while I was technically inspecting the software, and as I opened the BIOS settings, I came across the administrator password. The notebook was actually bought by my father's previous company and therefore I didn't have a clue of the password. After running about for days on Google in vain, I finally made up my mind to call Dell. It was a toll-free number and so long duration calls wasn't a headache. The call was forwarded to a IT technician (who spoke very good English), all my problems were heard by him with patience and finally he assured me help after I provided some secure information. Within hours, I was mailed a master password which just worked like magic. I was very much impressed with their support (even to those decade-old systems). 

Well, the E6400 isn't that bad a laptop. Rather, its a pretty good laptop for office use. Yes, it gets hot(not just warm) with little use, but its docking station and multi-accessory support does give you a good platform to work on

People often criticize Dell for their poor designs, but Dell is consistent enough in building high-end notebooks as well as economy laptops. And afterall when it comes to work and performance, I don't think Apple is the lone leader.